If you are interested in a great place to spend several hours a week, consider being a volunteer at the Gloucester County Public Library!
The Gloucester County Public Library has two locations. The Main Street Library located in the Main Street Shopping Center, Gloucester Courthouse and the Point Branch Library located in the York River Crossing Shopping Center, Hayes. Both locations could use your help! View an application (PDF) or pick one up at either location.
- All volunteers, ages 18 and older, are required to complete an adult volunteer application. Potential volunteers will be interviewed. (An interview does not guarantee a position.)
- Volunteers, ages 14 to 17, are required to complete a teen volunteer application.
Volunteers are currently needed for the following position(s): (not all positions are currently available. Please check periodically for availability)
- Gaming Programs
- Program Assistant - Children's
- Program Assistant - Tweens
- Shelving / Shelf Reader
- Summer Reading Program
- Cover Books
- Process Materials
- Bookmobile Assistant
- Become a volunteer and make a valuable contribution to your community! For more information, please call 804-693-2998.
- View more information about becoming a Teen Volunteer.
Other opportunities to volunteer are available through the Gloucester County Friends of the Library. The Friends conduct book sales to raise funds for special materials and Library programs. View the friends application form (PDF) and return to any location.